Re: Generate NEWS.XX.Y.html file for Emacs website

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Generate NEWS.XX.Y.html file for Emacs website
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 11:14:11 -0400

> [I'm creating a new thread for generating HTML versions of etc/NEWS for
>  the website.  This is continued from the discussion starting here:
>  https://lists.gnu.org/r/emacs-devel/2022-09/msg00759.html ]

I've now fixed any errors I could find in the HTML export, and added
this new file:

    https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/news/NEWS.28.html

I'd suggest updating the link on

    https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs.html#Releases

to point to this new HTML file instead of the plain-text.

There is no reason not to continue distributing the plain text files,
also for new releases, to give users the choice of which to read.