Re: master b525f201ba: Allow specifying the color to use in image-elide

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: master b525f201ba: Allow specifying the color to use in image-elide
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 11:08:28 +0200

> I don't think the current Emacs theme will affect what I prefer to use
> for eliding.  IOW, I'd rather keep it simple and just stay with "black"
> as the default (or, even better, adding a defcustom).

Yes...  the colour you're aiming for here in the final image is probably
unrelated to what your Emacs frame looks like, so perhaps using the
frame background is even worse than just defaulting to black.

Jean suggested defaulting to transparent, but I don't think that's what
people would want here, either.

>> I think I'll follow Stefan's suggestion to make it prompt with a prefix,
>> and then move the SQUARE stuff into the function itself -- i.e., hit a
>> key while cropping to switch to square mode.
>
> Sounds good, thank you.

Now done.

>> OK, I'll go with `image-cut', and move the key binding to `x'.
>
> FWIW, I like "image-redact" best here.  That also alludes to how I
> imagine one would use this.  The problem I see with "cut" is that it
> leads you to then think about how to "paste".

I went with `image-cut' here -- perhaps we'll implement pasting later,
if somebody finds that useful.