Re: emacs-29 --with-pgtk vs --with-x

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
Subject: Re: emacs-29 --with-pgtk vs --with-x
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 09:14:38 +0200

Commenting those lines makes the yasnippets and mode menus disappear.

/PA

On Sun, 11 Sept 2022 at 07:38, Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> wrote:
Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, following the discussion of the state of the GTK port, I gave it a
> chance yesterday and have reverted to the X driver for my Linux
> boxes. The reason for me to drop pgtk for the moment was that I had a
> 2 second delay between clicking on a menu item and the menu
> appearing. Some people will tell me to use the key bindings and
> disable the menu... I use a lot of snippets and having them on the
> menu helps me apply my neurons to other tasks than learning snippet
> triggers by heart ;-)

I've heard of that bug before, but I cannot reproduce it.

What happens if you comment out this part of gtkutil.c, around line
3305?

      {
        pgtk_menu_set_in_use (true);
        set_frame_menubar (f, true);
      }

> Don't know what to do when the first pure Wayland distributions
> appear. Maybe other users are in the same situation and 'statement
> from the oracle' may help us all...

I think "Pure Wayland distributions" will probably not appear in the
near future, and we will see the situation remain as it is now, with
both X and Wayland sessions being offered.

Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet