Re: Implementing image support for kitty terminal

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Implementing image support for kitty terminal
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 11:25:20 -0400

> cell size, in pixels).  For movement and display purpose, we tell Emacs
> to interpret that as the block of pure text
>
> xxxx
> xxxx
> xxxx
> xxxx
> xxxx

That's no easier than interpreting it as an image displayed via kitty :-)
IOW, the difficulty resides elsewhere.

I think there's no real technical difficulty.  There's simply work to be
done on the code.  Either by defining a new "TGUI" window-system which
uses the GUI part of the display rendering code, or by changing the tty
code to be closer to that of the GUI code.

Which option is simplest and/or best, I don't know.
And I suspect we won't know for sure until someone tries to do it.

        Stefan