Re: Contributing to Emacs

From: Visuwesh
Subject: Re: Contributing to Emacs
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 20:25:58 +0530

[வியாழன் செப்டம்பர் 08, 2022] Christopher Dimech wrote:

>> Sent: Friday, September 09, 2022 at 1:47 AM
>> From: "Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@gnu.org>
>> To: "Christopher Dimech" <dimech@gmx.com>
>> Cc: jaopaulolc@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Subject: Re: Contributing to Emacs
>>
>> > From: Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com>
>> > Cc: jaopaulolc@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> > Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 14:12:01 +0200
>> >
>> > @Eli, a pleasant thing would be to mention the commands for window and
>> > frame
>> > related scaling in the documentation of "text-scale-increase" and
>> > "text-scale-decrease".
>>
>> They are mentioned in the doc string of text-scale-adjust, which is
>> the preferred user interface for this.
>
> What I get is the following.  I do not see any reference for the functionality
> that scales text in response to window resizing.

You have an old checkout?  I'm on a pretty recent HEAD and docstring of
text-scale-adjust links to global-text-scale-adjust.

    This command is a special-purpose wrapper around the
    ‘text-scale-increase’ command which makes repetition convenient
    even when it is bound in a non-top-level keymap.  For binding in
    a top-level keymap, ‘text-scale-increase’ or
    ‘text-scale-decrease’ may be more appropriate.

    Most faces are affected by these font size changes, but not faces
    that have an explicit ‘:height’ setting.  The two exceptions to
    this are the ‘default’ and ‘header-line’ faces: they will both be
    scaled even if they have an explicit ‘:height’ setting.

    See also the related command ‘global-text-scale-adjust’.

      Probably introduced at or before Emacs version 28.1.

    [back]      [forward]