Re: git tip: Error in winner-save-old-configurations (flyspell-post-comm

From: Jose A Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: git tip: Error in winner-save-old-configurations (flyspell-post-command-hook): (wrong-type-argument stringp nil) [73 times]
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2022 19:17:23 +0100

On Wed, Sep 07 2022, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> [...]
>> Then I guess you will have to debug this on your system.
>>
>> One way of doing that is to attach a debugger and put a breakpoint in
>> wrong_type_argument.  When it breaks, collect both C and Lisp
>> backtraces, and post them.
>
> If you're lucky, the problem will also show up when you simply run
> `winner-save-old-configurations` by hand, with
>
>     M-: (winner-save-old-configurations) RET

it doesn't for me.  another clue might be that i see this error not for
nil, but for what looks like a key events sequence, e.g.

    Error in winner-save-old-configurations (transient--post-command-hook):
(wrong-type-argument stringp [3 67108896])

and once i see it, if i keep pressing non-printable keys (like e.g. up
or down), the error keeps repeating.

jao
--
We live on an island surrounded by a sea of ignorance. As our island
of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance. - John Wheeler