Re: master 50020d026c: Untabify rcirc.el

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: master 50020d026c: Untabify rcirc.el
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2022 11:21:12 +0000

> Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> writes:
>
>>     Untabify rcirc.el
>
> We don't do whitespace changes like this because it makes it more
> difficult to follow historical changes

My apologies, I didn't know that there was a general rule like this.
The last few times I had been working on rcirc I always ran into issues
with whitespaces whenever indenting a function.  Every patch had
unrelated whitespace changes that had to be reverted to that the
historical record isn't polluted.

On a related note, I believe there has been a need to reorder rcirc to
make it easier to follow along for a while.  But it goes without saying
that that would break the git history far more than this change.

>                                        (and applying any pending
> patches).

That shouldn't be an issue, because git am/apply can ignore whitespace.

> So please don't do things like this.

I will keep it in mind, but there is nothing left to do after this
change.