If using traffic signs, use them correctly ;-)

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
Subject: If using traffic signs, use them correctly ;-)
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 07:29:55 +0200

Hi,

after my month of Internet disconnection (a very good cure BTW) I have compiled emacs-29 once again. I'm on Linux and yes, I use native compilation. So when launching the freshly compiled emacs, I got a ton of warnings, all preceded by annoying 'do not enter' signs.

Yes, they are annoying. Firstly, because in the remote case I would use them, it would be for something that makes the use of emacs impossible, mainly a BIG error. In this case, if you are compeled to using traffic signs, use any of the triangular warning signs. And secondly, because don't need all that visual cluttering. A simple 'Warning' or 'ERROR' line in the messages buffer is more effective for me.

Best, /PA

Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet