Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 19:19:40 +0000

Some of the characters in my font lie outside the Latin-1 range. Doing this job properly requires writing some sort of script to examine the loaded font. I don't know how easy that would be.

I'm not sure, but I think what you want for that job is

fc-match --format='%{charset}' <font name>

which displays the Unicode ranges for which that font has a glyph.