Re: [ELPA] New package: Ement (Matrix client)

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: Ement (Matrix client)
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 09:21:34 +0000

Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net> writes:

> Hi Stefan, et al,
>
> I'd like to submit my Matrix client package, Ement.el, to GNU ELPA.
>
> https://github.com/alphapapa/ement.el
>
> It's been my plan to do so eventually, and over the past nearly two
> years of development, it's seen at least a few hundred users install
> and use it regularly.  It's also packaged in GNU Guix and in Nix (and
> having it in GNU ELPA will simplify their packaging work as well).  I
> use it every day, and there are no major known bugs, so it seems like
> a good time to submit it.  I have plans for further development as
> well, but they need not hold back publishing on ELPA.

Glad to see the package is ready!

> Please see the attached patch to elpa-packages.

For some reason ELPA is complaining about missing copyright notices in
my checkout:

$ make build/ement
emacs --no-site-lisp --batch -l /home/philip/Source/elpa/admin/elpa-admin.el
\
         -f elpaa-batch-make-one-package ement
Not pushed to origin yet.  Not updating worktree
======== Building tarball archive-devel/ement-0.1.0.20220902.3605.tar...
Problem with copyright notices:
Missing copyright notice in ement/ement.el
Missing copyright notice in ement/ement-taxy.el
Missing copyright notice in ement/ement-structs.el
Missing copyright notice in ement/ement-room.el
Missing copyright notice in ement/ement-room-list.el
Missing copyright notice in ement/ement-notify.el
Missing copyright notice in ement/ement-macros.el
Missing copyright notice in ement/ement-lib.el
Missing copyright notice in ement/ement-api.el
Build error for archive-devel/ement-0.1.0.20220902.3605.tar: (error "Abort")
######## Build of package archive-devel/ement-0.1.0.20220902.3605.tar FAILED!!
======== Building tarball archive/ement-0.1.tar...
Problem with copyright notices:
Missing copyright notice in ement/ement.el
Missing copyright notice in ement/ement-taxy.el
Missing copyright notice in ement/ement-structs.el
Missing copyright notice in ement/ement-room.el
Missing copyright notice in ement/ement-room-list.el
Missing copyright notice in ement/ement-notify.el
Missing copyright notice in ement/ement-macros.el
Missing copyright notice in ement/ement-lib.el
Missing copyright notice in ement/ement-api.el
Build error for archive/ement-0.1.tar: (error "Abort")
######## Build of package archive/ement-0.1.tar FAILED!!

I believe it is because the copyright should be assigned to "Free
Software Foundation, Inc", not just "Free Software Foundation".