Re: [External] : [emacs bookmark.el] Sorting by last set

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: Re: [External] : [emacs bookmark.el] Sorting by last set
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 10:04:45 +0200

[...]

> But sorting all bookmarks by last-modified time?
> How is that useful?  (Again, just curious; not
> claiming it's not useful.)

My use case would be, when calling 'bookmark-bmenu-list', to have the
last modified bookmarks at the top of the list. Why? Because then it
looks like the stack of books you have next to your bed: at the top is
the one you are most likely currently reading so you just pick it
up. But you are right that for the rest of the stack that might be less
useful.

> What I do know is useful, however, is the time
> (date) of last visit/access (as well as time of
> creation, of course).  That's related to the
> number of times a bookmark has been visited
> (accessed).
>
> Sorting by visit time is like seeing a recentf
> list.  Sorting by number of visits is like
> seeing your favorites list.  I often want to
> sort these ways.

Yes maybe that is what I want.
--
Manuel Giraud