Re: master 2b3f3d421a: Make minibuffer lazy highlight setup buffer-local

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: master 2b3f3d421a: Make minibuffer lazy highlight setup buffer-local where appropriate
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 19:20:46 +0300

>>> 1. With an active region, call C-M-%
>>> 2. Switch from the minibuffer back to the original buffer
>>> 3. Call keyboard-escape-quit (maybe twice) to quit the minibuffer
>>>    prompt.
>>>
>>> Then the buffer-local value of `isearch-filter-predicate' is not cleaned
>>> up.  Is it by any chance intentional that minibuffer-exit-hook doesn't
>>> run in this case?
>>
>> Indeed, a buffer-local minibuffer-exit-hook is not called
>> when the minibuffer is exited outside of the minibuffer.
>
> Looks like a bug.
> How 'bout the patch below?

Alas, it even breaks exiting the minibuffer directly from the minibuffer.

> -  record_unwind_protect_void (run_exit_minibuf_hook);
> +  record_unwind_protect (run_exit_minibuf_hook, Fcurrent_buffer ());

After a little debugging I see that everything is fixed after replacing
'Fcurrent_buffer ()' with 'minibuffer':

     record_unwind_protect (run_exit_minibuf_hook, minibuffer);