Re: master 7df302d285 2/2: Remove some XEmacs compat code from pascal.el

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: master 7df302d285 2/2: Remove some XEmacs compat code from pascal.el
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 21:46:54 +0800

Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se> writes:

> No, I don't think we care about that.  We have been routinely removing
> such compat code all over the place for several years now.

Don't we have lots of compat code in things like CC Mode which continue
to work in XEmacs?  The last time I checked, CC Mode does work, but that
was before it was converted to lexical binding.

> IMHO, any XEmacs/SXEmacs users out there should consider using Emacs instead.
>
> See also:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-10/msg01211.html
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-10/msg01294.html

I think the conclusion there was to let people working on the file
decide whether or not to keep support for XEmacs.  So the question is
probably where those people are for pascal.el, and what they think.