Re: Need help with eldoc:

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Need help with eldoc:
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 23:28:15 +0000

Could the current maintainer of eldoc give some pointers on what might
   be breaking?

Hello Raman,

I'm not formally the maintainer of Eldoc (I think) but I have worked on it
recently (read more than one year ago).  The changes I introduced make it
so that the documentation-generating functions in eldoc-documentation-functions
(plural!) can now be asynchronous (i.e. not return doc results immediately).

eldoc-documentation-default should not be called directly from elisp libraries other
than eldoc.el itself, which handles this possible asynchronicity.  It is a function value to
be put into eldoc-documentation-function which is then called by the eldoc.el machinery
(such as M-x eldoc) that gives it context.

So can you tell me what are you trying to accomplish?  Maybe I can help.

João