Flicker on MS Windows

From: Po Lu
Subject: Flicker on MS Windows
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 18:24:25 +0800

Has anyone noticed that Emacs seems to flicker a lot on newer versions
of MS-Windows, such as Windows Vista and Windows 10?  I never used Emacs
much on Windows, but the flicker isn't noticable on Windows XP and 9X,
while scrolling from the top to the bottom of w32term.c in those newer
versions leaves chunks of text noticably missing, presumably between
w32_scroll_run and the rest of the window being displayed.  The menu bar
also constantly flickers, but I see that on Windows XP as well.

Thanks.