Re: NS port and DESTDIR

From: Aaron Madlon-Kay
Subject: Re: NS port and DESTDIR
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 11:23:02 +0900

Thank you, Alan and Chad.

I was naively expecting that the Emacs.app bundle would appear in $DESTDIR.
Thanks for clarifying that this is not really intended to work.

I am actually working on a packaging issue with the Mac port, and I wanted to
understand how the NS port was intended to behave.

The Mac port is a bit different in that it offers a configure option to specify
the output location of the app bundle, but I find that when I customize the
location (and specify a self-contained bundle, which is a separate option for
the Mac port) the resulting bundle is missing some pieces.

Given these differences, it seems the problem is solely on the Mac port side.

Thanks for the info,
Aaron