Re: Horrible new unsaved buffers dialog

From: Tomas Hlavaty
Subject: Re: Horrible new unsaved buffers dialog
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 21:10:49 +0100

On Fri 28 Jan 2022 at 14:55, Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:
> Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> In this morning's master, it only shows a single "unsaved buffers"
>> dialog, which is completely inadequate when there is more than one
>> unsaved file.  I don't understand why this change was made which turns
>> said dialog box from a convenient feature into an eyesore.
>
> The old dialog box was incomprehensible and user hostile.

Why does Emacs pops up native dialog at all?

Even the minibuffer based version is not so convenient.

Would not it be better to show a new buffer listing all the unsaved
changes and relevant buttons in one place, not sequentially popping up
in dialog or minibuffer?

Something like:

Modified buffers exist.
  [Save all buffers and quit]