Re: Can watermarking Unicode text using invisible differences sneak thro

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Can watermarking Unicode text using invisible differences sneak through Emacs, or can Emacs detect it?
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 08:04:49 -0500

    > The most widely known example is Latin characters with diacritics, such
as ç and à.

Since my terminal handles many of those characters, they work ok for
me.  But there are some it does not support.  Many Vietnamese
characters, for instance.

If this feature is implemented to handle ligatures, it could handle
the letters with diacritics too.  That would be as easy as populating
the table of the sequences they stand for.  The terminfo item for
`linux' could indicate which characters are ok to display unchanged
and which ones need to be displayed as the equivalent digraphs (or
trigraphs).

All the work is in the basic feature that converts some Unicode codes
into sequences for display.