Re: master df49e3a3ab 3/3: Merge branch 'master' of /home/acm/emacs/emac

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: master df49e3a3ab 3/3: Merge branch 'master' of /home/acm/emacs/emacs.git/master
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 11:25:38 +0000

Hello, Lars.

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 09:12:35 +0100, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

> >     Merge branch 'master' of /home/acm/emacs/emacs.git/master

> I'm not sure that it's this merge that's causing this, but these started
> happening around that time.

> To reproduce, I do a "make -j16 bootstrap" on Debian/bookworm, and I get
> a whole lot of:

> Compiler-macro error for cl-member: Handler: cl--compiler-macro-member
> (excessive-variable-binding)
> Eager macro-expansion failure: (excessive-variable-binding)
> Compiler-macro error for cl-member: Handler: cl--compiler-macro-member
> (excessive-variable-binding)
> Eager macro-expansion failure: (excessive-variable-binding)
> Compiler-macro error for cl-member: Handler: cl--compiler-macro-member
> (excessive-variable-binding)
> Eager macro-expansion failure: (excessive-variable-binding)
> Compiler-macro error for cl-member: Handler: cl--compiler-macro-member
> (excessive-variable-binding)
> Eager macro-expansion failure: (excessive-variable-binding)

I don't see these at all, any more, just clean builds.  OK, I'm doing
"make -j17 bootstrap", not "-j16", but that shouldn't make a difference.

What is your ./configure command line?  Mine is

   $ ./configure --with-gif=no --with-tiff=no --with-gpm \
   --with-native-compilation

..  If this doesn't clear up, somehow, perhaps you could send me the
stdout and stderr from a build, possibly together using 2>&1.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).