Re: Undo mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Undo mode
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 19:42:27 -0500

> Does this make sense?

Sounds like Antinews alright ;-)

> If not, wouldn't be more preferable the following patch
> that does the opposite?

I generally agree, yes.

> +(defcustom undelete-frame-max 1
> +  "Maximum number of deleted frames before oldest are thrown away."
> +  :type 'integer
> +  :group 'frames
> +  :version "29.1")

Any reason why this default is so low?
Is it really that expensive to keep old frames's info?

>  (defun undelete-frame--handle-delete-frame (frame)

Could you find a better name for that function?
I mean a name that describes what the function does, rather than
where/when it's used?

> +(add-hook 'after-init-hook
> +          (lambda ()
> +            (add-hook 'delete-frame-functions
> +                      #'undelete-frame--handle-delete-frame -75)))

Why do we need to postpone it via `after-init-hook`?

        Stefan