Re: Can watermarking Unicode text using invisible differences sneak thro

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Can watermarking Unicode text using invisible differences sneak through Emacs, or can Emacs detect it?
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 08:39:14 +0100

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 05:35:23PM +1100, Tim Cross wrote:

[...]

> Just to add some context here which some might find useful.
>
> At one point, I worked for an organisation which had real concerns about
> sensitive information being released (mainly to the press) and wanted to
> be able to track down the source when it occurred [...]

Interesting. Related, but not the same: the famous yellow dots from
colour laser printers [1]. This shows that this kind of techniques are
already deeply ingrained in "industry practice".

Now a good challenge would be to come up with a set of criteria which
can discriminate between "good" and "bad" use of normally invisible
characters.

Cheers

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_Identification_Code