Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 23:32:19 +0100

phillip.lord@russet.org.uk writes:
> The problem is that native comp needs libgccjit at compile time but
> also at runtime. To make an executable install package like we have at
> the moment essentially means packaging libgccjit. Which means gcc and
> half of the msys2 toolchain.

As far as I understood Eli it should be possible to build Emacs on
Windows --with-native-compilation and distribute it even on systems
without libgccjit.  Only Emacs internal lisp files will then be natively
compiled and if, for other lisp packages, there are no .eln files
available Emacs will just load the respective .elc files.

Do you think I'm mistaken?

    Dieter

--
Best wishes