Re: [Patch/Question] Likely bugs in mailcap docs and mailcap-view-file

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [Patch/Question] Likely bugs in mailcap docs and mailcap-view-file
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 11:27:30 +0100

Hi Stefan,

>> So I propose the attached patch which teaches `mailcap-view-file' the
>> symbol/function-valued viewer case and adjust the docs to match
>> what's already there.
> [...]
>> Does anyone see a problem with that?  I'm not very familiar with that
>> code.
>
> I'm not familiar either, but it looks OK.

Alright, thanks for checking.  Pushed!

> Any chance you could be convinced to throw in some regression test?

Of course.  I think I can write some tests that the viewer selection
procedure works as intended.  Is that what you have in mind?

Wrt. the changed function: I'm not exactly sure how I would test that.
I can probably test that the right viewer function is selected and run
on the right buffer but would skip the display stuff, i.e., that the
generated buffer is visible in some window.

Bye,
Tassilo