Make Heredocs a first class citizen

From: Reza Nikoopour
Subject: Make Heredocs a first class citizen
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 10:56:32 -0800

Hi All,

I’ve been struggling to implement heredoc highlighting. I’ve read various implementations and they all differ.

It got me thinking that it would be nice is emacs could provide syntax highlighting for heredocs in the same way it does for multi-line string and multi line comments as syntactic constructs.

Seeing as multiple languages support heredoc syntax it seems like a good fit for a core feature.

As I’m struggling to do this myself I don’t feel like I can be the person to implement this.

Cheers,
Reza