Re: Why does help-fns--first-release not key on `' delimiters?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Why does help-fns--first-release not key on `' delimiters?
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2022 18:42:13 -0500

FWIW, here's what we should do:

- Require '...' delimiters.
- Fix the etc/NEWS* files accordingly.

Fixing them all is likely to be a lot of work, but we can probably make
this work very tractable in the following way:

- Use a `mapatoms` loop to collect for all the builtin
  functions&variables the position that the current code
  finds in the etc/NEWS* files.

- Change the code to require '...' delimiters and re-run that
  `mapatoms` loop.

- Compare the outputs: whenever they're different, check the
  etc/NEWS* to see where's the "real" position and fix the
  etc/NEWS* so the new code finds it.

        Stefan