Re: Making `x-underline-at-descent-line' a face attribute

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Making `x-underline-at-descent-line' a face attribute
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2022 19:04:50 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
>> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2022 15:14:45 +0800
>>
>> Thanks, one last question (before I start to implement this): what would
>> you recommend as a special value of `:underline'?
>>
>> Would it be okay to add a new property to the property list that is
>> already accepted as such a value?
>
> Yes, something like
>
>    (:color COLOR :style STYLE :position POS)
>
> where POS can be t (with the same effect as non-nil value of
> x-underline-at-descent-line) or (if you want to get fancy) a number,
> to specify an explicit offset from the baseline.

Thanks, I implemented that, though I haven't written any documentation
yet.  It would be nice if someone could test the attached diff on
MS-Windows.

BTW, there's a `hash' parameter in struct face, but I can't find where
it's calculated.  I assume I have to the hashing take any new fields
into account, but I don't know how.  Can you help with this?  Thanks.