Re: using finalizers

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: using finalizers
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2022 18:18:47 -0500

> > Do you have concrete cases where this difference introduces a difficulty?
> In my original example:

I miswrote, by "concrete" I meant a real-word use, no a made-up case.
[ But at least, now I understand what you meant by the fact that the
  behavior depends on the byte-compiler's analysis.  ]

In any case, I don't think we have much experience with the current
`make-finalizer` API (nor with other finalizer APIs) in ELisp, so
I think there's room for tweaks/changes.  But it should be based
on concrete cases in real world ELisp code.

        Stefan