Re: Not using DOC for ELisp files

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Not using DOC for ELisp files
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 11:16:47 -0500

>> OK, after re-reading the section a few times and rewriting it a couple
>> more, I think I got something vaguely acceptable.
> Thanks, I have one question: if EMACSLOADPATH is set in the
> environment, does it affect the value of lisp-directory?

I don't know: I did not write the code that computes this directory,
because it was already written for the purpose of making absolute the
filenames of preloaded files in `load-history`.

> Should it?

Maybe/probably, but since EMACSLOADPATH is a list of directories I'm not
sure how to make it reliable.  Maybe it should look for some
"well-known" bundled ELisp file in EMACSLOADPATH an derive the value of
`lisp-directory` from it?

        Stefan