Re: On Contributing To Emacs

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: On Contributing To Emacs
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 16:50:47 +0200

On 30.12.2021 17:00, Po Lu wrote:
Dmitry Gutov<dgutov@yandex.ru>  writes:

IOW, while there still is no silver bullet for bug reporting, it's
very hard to do worse than Debbugs, even if we just pick among popular
bug tracker at random.
Emacs has `report-emacs-bug' (which is also in the menu bar), which
makes this job trivial.

No it doesn't. I even mentioned some differences in my previous email.

And again, there's nothing special in 'report-emacs-bug'.

This discussion has mentioned other parts of Debbugs, however, which are more noticeably broken by contemporary standards.