Re: On Contributing To Emacs

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: On Contributing To Emacs
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 12:19:43 -0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> But some packages in Emacs core are also distributed via ELPA, which is
>> the source of confusion here.
>
> OK, but I still don't see what could we say about that that would help
> someone in the context of what CONTRIBUTE is for.  That's why I asked.

I think we should say what was in the patch I proposed.  Understanding
what core packages are is useful if you are looking to contribute a new
library, because without such an understanding there is no way to make
an informed the decision about the various ways to integrate your
package into Emacs.

If anyone wants to write a better version of what I wrote, that's fine
by me.