Re: master 501e2096d6: Fix some issues with a recent change

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: master 501e2096d6: Fix some issues with a recent change
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 01:14:46 -0500

>> The main change was to `face-remap.el` so having `face-remap.el` in the
>> first line would have been very helpful to me.  Another option would have
>> been to include `text-scale-pinch` in the first line, that would have
>> worked great for me as well.
>
>> The other changes were largely secondary and related, so it's OK if they
>> don't get any mention in the first line.
>
> None of that change is "secondary": they all fixed issues Eli pointed
> out in an earlier discussion.

Maybe we can't agree on it being "secondary" but all those changes are
related to pinch or to code that is itself related to that.
So including those words would give some hint as to what it is you've
changed, whereas the first line you've used gave no indication
whatsoever about which part of the codebase was modified.

Basically, think of the reader who'd like to quickly know "could this
change affect `doctor.el`?"

        Stefan