Re: Dependencies for native compiling emacs not found

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Dependencies for native compiling emacs not found
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 16:24:28 +0200

> From: Thierry Volpiatto <thievol@posteo.net>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 12:56:26 +0000
>
> > Please show the details of this failed test in config.log.  It is hard
> > to know what is missing in your case without seeing that diagnostics.
>
>     configure:19086: error: ELisp native compiler was requested, but
> libgccjit was not found.
>     Please try installing libgccjit or a similar package.
>     If you are sure you want Emacs be compiled without ELisp native compiler,
>     pass the --without-native-compilation option to configure.
>
> Not sure if it is what you want, I can send the whole file if you want
> but it is quite big.

There should be stuff before that, which shows the compilation
command of a test program, the error message from the compilation
attempt, the program that failed to compile, etc.  The line you show
is the last line of that interesting part.

If you cannot figure out what's related, sure, post the entire log.