Re: Motif support

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Motif support
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:38:51 +0800

Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> writes:

> Actually, I percieve that for freedom of software it is equally
> important to have documentation for the sources as the sources
> themselves. Situation with docs is somewhat addressed in last years or
> so, but there were times when many GNU projects came out with very few
> comments, usually no dev docs, and scarce descriptions about
> internals. I said several times to Eli Z. to write a book about Emacs
> internals; that would probably be the best boost to Emacs development.

Emacs internals are documented very well, inside both the relevant parts
of the Lisp reference manual and the code itself.  Writing a book would
not make for much benefit.  In fact, it would become tiresome to keep
that book up to date.

I think that there is a misconception floating around the internet that
Emacs internals are difficult to understand.  Certain individuals
spreading misinformation hold a great deal of responsibility for this
situation.  IOW, a significant boost to Emacs development will result
from combating this disinformation.