Re: Touchscreen support

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Touchscreen support
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 08:24:58 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> FWIW, MS-Windows seems to provide higher-level abstraction for touch
> events, see
>

> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/wintouch/windows-touch-gestures-overview
>
> Is the plan to have xterm.c/xfns.c to generate similar higher-level
> events based on just the 3 basic low-level events we now have in
> xterm.c?

The plan is to have that infrastructure in Lisp, which should be much
more portable (for example, judging by the MS documentation you sent,
there are at least 3 gestures not supported by GTK: left/right selection
drag, flicks, and I think rotate as well.)  MS-Windows does support the
low level reporting of touch events like we have in xterm.c, correct?

Thanks.