Re: sqlite3

From: Qiantan Hong
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 02:18:53 +0000

> What about having an intermediary abstraction for persistent stores in
> general, and on top of that multisession variables?
I think Lars’ multisession variable is basically a strict subset of persistent
store,
and can be implemented with almost trivial wrappers if a persistent store
interface is presented. So if we do have a persistent store interface, the
multisession.el interface is unnecessary. A more high-level/transparent
persistent
variable interface, instead, is probably more desired.

My plan, store.el + persist.el, follows exactly this direction. It seems that
the Emacs maintainers are unwilling to include them in place of
what they currently have, however, so guess we have to put it on Elpa
first.