Re: sqlite3

From: Pip Cet
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 13:57:31 +0000

On Sat, Dec 11, 2021 at 10:00 AM Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:
> I've added a `sqlite-mode-open-file' command, but perhaps it'd be nice
> to make `C-x C-f foo.sqlite3 RET' call that automatically?

What about non-local files? Currently, IIUC, sqlite-mode just doesn't
work for them, handing all file names to the sqlite library which then
fails to open them.

I'm not volunteering, but maybe we could use the sqlite3 VFS interface
to back an sqlite3 database with an Emacs buffer (or several). That
would solve both the remote access issue and make C-x C-f behave more
like it does for other files.

The code that's been merged looks good to me, for what I think you're
trying to do.

Pip