Re: master 3d38d1d: Add sqlite3 support to Emacs

From: Alexandre Garreau
Subject: Re: master 3d38d1d: Add sqlite3 support to Emacs
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 14:45:01 +0100

Le sabato, 11-a de decembro 2021, 14-a horo kaj 29:41 CET Po Lu a écrit :
> Alexandre Garreau <galex-713@galex-713.eu> writes:
>

> > Shouldn’t we hack both sqlite and its module to integrate just the
> > same
> > symbol?
>
> I don't understand what you're asking.  I was asking whether or not
> `plugin_is_GPL_compatible' is the appropriate name for a symbol we will
> use to determine if a SQLite plugin is suitable for use inside Emacs.
>
> We don't need to patch SQLite to look for such a symbol inside a plugin,
> but I don't know what name would be appropriate for it.

well what’s the name for the symbol used by gcc for that same usage? I
already asked that…

…wait it is indeed plugin_is_GPL_compatible, so why not using that? that’s
precisely what I suggested to do.

Why wouldn’t such hacking be needed? as of now both sqlite and its plugins
don’t include such a symbol, right?