Re: Multi image PDF continuous mode

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Multi image PDF continuous mode
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 22:05:03 +0200

>> After doc-view generates a gallery of PDF images, image-dired could be
>> invoked on the output directory of PNG images, and indeed in this case
>> the window layout of image-dired looks like what most PDF viewers do:
>> on the left side there is a narrow window with thumbnails of PDF
>> pages, and on the right side a larger window with PDF pages.
>
> Scaleable document viewer should generate the images lazily.

Indeed, for long documents we will need more optimization:
not to load all images at once, but only after going to the next page.
At the beginning each page could have a placeholder, either just
newlines or an empty image.  Then navigating to a page,
it will attach the image file with the display property.
Also only visited pages should update their images when
the user zooms or changes other parameters, etc.