Re: pixel-scroll-precision-mode very slow on macOS with regular mouse wh

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: pixel-scroll-precision-mode very slow on macOS with regular mouse wheel
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 13:48:47 +0800

Aaron Jensen <aaronjensen@gmail.com> writes:

> macOS scrolling w/ a mouse wheel has acceleration. If I scroll slowly,
> it goes very slowly, 1 tick is a couple pixels. If I scroll quickly I
> can go through a whole page in a handful of ticks. Perhaps that
> mechanic would need to be replicated?

I don't understand what you mean by that: when precision deltas are not
available (which is the case with your mouse), Emacs uses the fallback
deltas provided by macOS, which should be sufficient for our purposes.

But I suspect I misunderstood how those deltas work.  They might be
reported as portions of an abstract unit, instead of in pixels, which is
the case with precise deltas.

In that case, we will have to scale those deltas by some method, but I
don't know what TRT is for macOS.