Re: master c6dd8dd: * lisp/emacs-lisp/macroexp.el: Improve last change

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: master c6dd8dd: * lisp/emacs-lisp/macroexp.el: Improve last change
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 04:48:55 -0800

> writes:
>>     * lisp/emacs-lisp/macroexp.el: Improve last change
>>
>>     Don't burp when `byte-compile-warning-enabled-p` is not yet defined.
>>     And use the call that we had already instead of adding a new one.
>
> This (or something else recently) seems to lead to a failure in

I've just finished bisecting these recently introduced errors and this
commit is indeed the culprit.

> Test comp-tests-45603-1 backtrace:
>
> with nativecomp.  I'm guessing it has something to do with this commit
> because it mumbles something about
>
> #<subr byte-compile-warning-enabled-p>
>
> but it's a bit hard to understand what the real error is.

I'm seeing this as well:

4 files did not contain any tests:
  lisp/net/ntlm-tests.log
  lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-tests/eieio-tests.log
  lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-tests/eieio-test-persist.log
  lisp/cedet/srecode/fields-tests.log

With errors like:

In toplevel form:
lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-tests/eieio-tests.el:36:1: Error: Wrong number
of arguments: #<subr byte-compile-warning-enabled-p>, 0
make[3]: *** [Makefile:165: lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-tests/eieio-tests.elc] Error 1