Re: Prettify elpa.gnu.org

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Prettify elpa.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 12:12:40 -0400

> Yes, this confused me because index.html is for GNU ELPA, so I couldn't
> just name it index.html for NonGNU.
>
> Having to many implicit dependencies between elpa.git and nongnu.git
> seems like potential for confusion.
>
> Along these lines, should nongnu.git:main:html also contain the other
> files (css, images, javascript, ...)?

The files are shared via symlinks and they're copied from the Git clone
to the web site in an ad-hoc way anyway, so there's no great benefit to
try and have a structure in the Git that matches the Web
site's structure.

I suggested to put the file in elpa.git:main:html so that's the only
place from which we need to copy those files, which makes things
marginally simpler.

        Stefan