Re: Future of display engine and lines

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Future of display engine and lines
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 21:55:12 +0800

Alexandre Garreau <galex-713@galex-713.eu> writes:

> I wonder if something as powerful as TeX existed in relation with emacs,
> given its hackability, userbase and momentum (and those of lisp in
> general), emacs could quickly become a fully-fledged browser on par with
> firefox.

There is TeXmacs [1].  Probably, we can take some ideas from TeXmacs
graphical system.  As I recall, TeXmacs represents buffers as tree data
structures.  Maybe Chapter 6 Extending the graphical user interface of
TeXmacs dev manual [2] may be of interest.

[1] https://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/home/welcome.en.html
[2] https://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/documents/manuals/texmacs-scheme.en.pdf

Best,
Ihor