Re: [NonGNU ELPA] New package proposal: git-modes

From: Jonas Bernoulli
Subject: Re: [NonGNU ELPA] New package proposal: git-modes
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 20:05:42 +0200

> I have gitignore-mode running locally, but I'm not sure the syntax
> highlighting it does have is very helpful.

I don't really have an opinion on the matter.  I am not the original
author and for the most part just fixed bugs.  Some of the additional
font-lock sugar seems unnecessary to me too.

(If I remember correctly the only reason I agreed to become the
maintainer of these modes is that it was part of the deal that allowed
me to integrate various git-commit.el implementations into the one in
magit.  And that in turn I only wanted to do because the most popular
implementation injected bugs into magit via monkey patches and while its
author refused to stop doing that he offered to completely handover the
package (plus git{config,ignore}.el) to me.)