Re: Installing the current emacs-28 branch under Windows 10

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: Installing the current emacs-28 branch under Windows 10
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 21:15:11 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: "H. Dieter Wilhelm" <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de>

>> ispell-check-version: d:/appl/ezwinports/bin/hunspell.exe exited with
>> code 53
>
> Are all of the archives from ezwinports?

Yes

>  If so, you should overwrite files only if the files you overwrite
> them by are newer.  That is, never overwrite newer files by older
> files.

I'll take care the next time, thank you!

> If you mix with binaries from other places, I don't know what to
> suggest, but at least make sure not to mix 32-bit binaries with 64-bit
> ones.

I don't have the intention to use more sources.  :-) It's already a mess
of various distributions, for TexLive, Git, Putty, EZWinPorts, MSYS2, R,

I've seen that the MSYS repos offer also texlive, putty; over 10,000
packages https://packages.msys2.org/package/, it might be more
convenient to assemble the "environment" of Emacs with MSYS and
EZWinPorts alone.

>> Only after unarchiving the hunspell port in this tree it could be used
>> again.
>
> What is "this tree"?

I meant the tree structure of the archives what you describe in the
EZWinPorts' README.txt as "preserving the directory structure recorded
in it".

Bye
--
Best wishes