Re: master 859190f 2/3: Convert some keymaps to defvar-keymap

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: master 859190f 2/3: Convert some keymaps to defvar-keymap
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 14:14:57 +0000

So people that want to use kbd syntax to bind `f' `p', and `define-key' runs other things through `kbd' automatically, they will write:

Not if the allowed syntax if properly defined in the docstring of define-key. Something like:

KEY is a string or a vector of symbols and characters, representing a sequence of keystrokes and events. Non-ASCII characters with codes above 127 (such as ISO Latin-1) can be represented by vectors. If KEY contains one or more modifiers, it is first processed by `kbd', which see.

and it's all DWIM mess.

I know you don't like the idea ;-) But thank you for giving me the opportunity to make the proposal as clear as possible.