Re: Elisp LSP Server

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Elisp LSP Server
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 21:37:09 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> How can it NOT find any users in Emacs?  We edit Lisp all the time,
> don't we?  Shouldn't advanced features for indentation, syntax
> highlight, refactoring, etc. of Emacs Lisp programs be very welcome in
> Emacs?

Yes, but what the OP proposed was not to implement these new features in
Emacs, but instead to expose existing features such as imenu to other
programs by making Emacs act as a language server implementing the
language server protocol.

It would be nice if Emacs does gain the advanced features you mentioned
above, but they shouldn't be implemented as a language server, and
either way that's not what the OP was proposing.

Thanks.