Re: Keeping multiple configurations for outgoing mail

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Keeping multiple configurations for outgoing mail
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 14:59:26 +0200

    Andrea> Hello,

    Andrea> it seems to me that there is no way on vanilla emacs to keep
multiple
    Andrea> configurations for outgoing mail and choose which one to use when
    Andrea> sending.  (Or maybe have a default address on C-c C-c and choose
which
    Andrea> one on C-u C-c C-c).

    Andrea> Is this correct?  If so, I would gladly add this feature.

Itʼs all kind of there already. See (info "(message) Mail Variables")
for a description of X-Message-SMTP-Method which you can combine with
'gnu-posting-styles'

But thereʼs not one blessed way to do it, because there are so many
different ways to read and send email in Emacs. At a minimum you'd
have to add support to message-mode and mail-mode.

Robert