Relationships between ispell and flyspell ... was: emacs-28 ispell

From: PEDRO ANDRES ARANDA GUTIERREZ
Subject: Relationships between ispell and flyspell ... was: emacs-28 ispell
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 10:30:37 +0200

Hi Eli,

This was meant more as a discussion to understand the relationships,
interactions, etc. between ispell and flyspell; sorry if I didn’t make my point
clear.

I have a work-around:
customising flyspell-tex-command-regexp and adding my commands there makes my
life easy enough, as long as I don’t forget to always use flyspell-buffer
instead of ispell-buffer ;-)

Maybe this discussion can help other people and could crystallize in some short
piece of doc that can potentially make other people’s lives easier in the
future…

A question that comes to my mind is: What to configure in ispell and what in
flyspell. But there might be other things that can come up.

Best, /PA

—
PEDRO ANDRES ARANDA GUTIERREZ
paranda@it.uc3m.es
Universidad Carlos III Madrid

Fragen sind nicht da um beantwortet zu werden…
Fragen sind da, um gestellt zu werden.
Georg Kreisler