Re: Our use of the "fixed" tag in debbugs

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Our use of the "fixed" tag in debbugs
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2021 13:16:59 -0400

"Basil L. Contovounesios" <contovob@tcd.ie> writes:

> I looked earlier but couldn't find the one I was thinking of
> unfortunately.  My impression is that I closed the bug somehow, received
> an email acknowledging that I'd closed it, but on bugs.gnu.org it didn't
> say "Done".  Perhaps you're right and I misunderstood at the time or am
> misremembering.

I have managed to confuse myself in the past by looking at a bug report
to soon, before debbugs has had time to process it.

Other times, I have visited the page, but actually saw an old cached
version, and had to manually reload the page to see that the bug was
closed.  I don't know if this always happens, or if that was just an
exception, because I now habitually reload the page to make sure I am
always looking at the latest version.