Re: emacs.pdmp not always rebuilt

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: emacs.pdmp not always rebuilt
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 00:45:37 +0000

Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org> writes:

> This is because of dcf9cd47ae.  Patch attached, which will hopefully fix
> the other silent failures you experience.

Thanks for looking into this.

That patch unfortunately won't compile on current master.  What's your
analysis of this error?

If `substitute-command-keys' is problematic in batch-mode or during
bootstrapping, I think it's fine not to run it at all in that case:
unless there are command substitutions in your error messages it will
anyways only gives you ‘fancy quotes’ (and I guess not even that,
depending on your terminal).